Shokz OpenRun Pro review: Design and comfort

Shokz OpenRun Pro review: Design and comfort

The design of Shokz OpenRun Pro is very similar to the standard OpenRuns. If my OpenRun headset wasn’t blue, I’d have a difficult time distinguishing the two at a glance. Though the OpenRun Pro dons the new “Shokz” logo, dropping the “After.”

(Image credit: Future)

A pair of vibration drivers are built into the ends of over-ear hooks that connect to each other via a thin yoke. The band is designed to snake behind your head, almost reaching your neck. For me, that means wearing Shokz OpenRun Pro under my hair or below a ponytail. The yoke doesn’t offer any flexibility, so I couldn’t adjust the size to fit my head snug as I’d like, but I’d trade that off for barely-there feel any day. The OpenRun Pro weighs just about an ounce. Sometimes I’d forget I was still wearing them long after I finished a workout. 

(Image credit: Future)

No matter how much I moved, I couldn’t shake the OpenRun Pro off. The reason I ditched AirPods Pro for running is because the noise-cancelling buds kept falling out of my ears at the track. As was my experience with the regular OpenRun headphones, the OpenRun Pro didn’t budge during my runs. 

Since Shokz OpenRun Pro is rated IP55 sweat-proof, the headphones are safe for most kinds of workouts, even if you get caught in a little rain. The rating doesn’t cover swimming, but Shokz OpenSwim (formerly AfterShokz Xtrainerz) offer a fully-waterproof alternative.

https://www.tomsguide.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charging Tips Shokz OpenRun Pro

OPENRUN TROUBLESHOOTING - Shokz OpenRun Pro

Shokz OpenRun Pro Good vibrations